Thursday, December 6, 2012

Miss Jillian Doesn't Mess Around

Yesterday was my loooooong day. We all have them.  Packed with crap to do.  We know they're coming in the week, and we just have to brace for them.  I had early morning payroll to put in at work, then an eye doctor appt (yippee I'm old), then errands to run, then more work at the office, then school.

Then finally home.

My key here for sanity, and not self-medication with sugar to make it through, is PLANNING.  I packed and brought my old standbys for healthy snacks and meals:


  • apples
  • bananas
  • cuties
  • almonds
  • boiled eggs
  • pumpkin seeds (personal obsession)
  • string cheese
  • low-fat lunch meat
  • whole wheat tortillas
  • dark chocolate
  • low fat popcorn
  • red peppers
  • baby carrots
  • blueberries
  • grapes
  • more apples (seriously, they are the perfect portable snack)
And yes I ate all of that food, continuously, all day long. Kept me going strong! 

Also, I knew darn well I wasn't waking up at 4:30 to work out on this morning before my extra early work day, so I planned for a fun and different, cardio and strength combined workout for the evening, after some down time. I chillaxed and ate my quick-easy dinner (baked sweet potato and grilled salmon fillet; it cooked while I laid on my bed and stared at my twitter). Then I pulled myself together for this:



Jillian Michaels kicked my butt. 



She scares me. Look at her face. 




I tried to be tough. Look at my face.

All in all lovely busy day yesterday, and I'm sorrrrrre and tired today. Jillian would laugh her evil laugh. And the scale was happy with me today. You'll get to see proof tomorrow!! I bet you are all peeing your pants with excitement.  Weeeeeeeee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment