Monday, November 26, 2012

Morning Workouts?? Really?

I've been trying to talk myself into morning workouts for two or three years.  I've done a few here and there, but never very consistently.  Um, it's hard!! But in the spirit of change and commitment, now is the time! I found some helpful tricks on Pinterest (shocker) to share:



Here is some of the gear that I laid out for myself so I was prepped and ready to go this morning at 5:45 AM:

 I also put out my yoga pants, tank top, sports bra, socks, and hoodie to wear down to my clubhouse where I work out.  I had my iPhone ready with  new playlist for this period of my journey.  I have named it MK Boots, because those are my non-food reward for myself for my first good chunk of weight lost.  I bought them last week (Black Friday deal, woohoo!) but I don't get to wear them until I see 184 on the scale. Pics to come!

Few more tips I came up with that will help me in the morning:
-Brush your teeth and put on chapstick; it helps to wake me up and feel cute/ready to go!
-Eat a banana or apple with almond or peanut butter. No good to workout on a completely empty stomach. This is quick to make and eat.  I can eat it while walking to my clubhouse gym. Good mix of protein and carbs.
-Set your alarm to a get-up-and-go song that you love. My secret power song is "Bulletproof" by La Roux.  I couldn't help but jump out of bed excited when that started!

Last but not least, if you are still lacking motivation to hit the treadmill, elliptical, whatever,tomorrow, here are the benefits that helped me talk myself into it.... A morning workout:
-Wakes up your metabolism for day.
-Leaves your evening free to get other things done, or have fun!
-Starts your day off sexy and strong
-Sets the health trend for the day; you won't want to eat poorly and spoil your work!
-Kick starts your productivity! By the time you get to work or school, you've already gotten a lot done!
-Gives you time to yourself.  At my gym, I'm the only one out at 6 AM.
-Increases self esteem. If you can do this, what else can you do?!

RISE AND GRIND





No comments:

Post a Comment