Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hey there, Pal.

"'The time has come,' the Walrus said..." to switch things up for Stephanie.

I have switched from tracking food and exercise with Weight Watchers to My Fitness Pal. That being said, I have nothing against Weight Watchers, and that program worked great for me.  I lost 35 pounds on it.  I also gained 20 pounds in the past 6 months, because I got bored and needed a change.  I have no doubt that if I had continued correctly on it, it would continue to work correctly.  But, my brain needs NEW and FRESH to stay motivated, so I made the bold choice to cancel my online membership out of nowhere on Sunday, and I am now happily tracking calories each day instead of Points Plus.

If you haven't tried My Fitness Pal, here's a bit for you to know:
-It's a fun and free app; really easy to use on my iPhone 5
-It gives you your daily caloric goal, based on height, weight, lifestyle, and goal weight. Easy peasy.
-It has nutritional info for EVERY food I've looked up to track so far, including restaurants, brand names, fruits, veggies, etc.
-The serving sizes are easy to modify and add.
-It has a bar code scanner to zap your foods so you don't have to type anything! All free!
-You can follow your friends and encourage each other's progress. :)
-Exercise is easy to track, and adds more calories for you to eat in the day. Woohoo! Food!
-Coolest feature.... At the end of the day, it projects what you will weigh in a month if every day keeps up like that.  Gives you an idea for realistic goals, and what to tweak and change.  Smarty pants. Thanks, Pal.

Anxious to see how this pays off at Friday's weigh in.

And if you want to be my friend! My username is Stephiespain.

No comments:

Post a Comment