Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Small HUGE victory

So, I was really hungry today. That tends to happen the first few days of my period, I'm sure ladies can relate. If you remember, I committed (again) to no fast food, and I have made that commitment with a caveat: I can have fast food in San Diego, and next time I go to Vegas, if I feel the need and if I haven't had any since then. I also only have 6 1/2 weeks til my San Diego trip, and it is really time to be serious about what I'm putting in my mouth.
Anyway, I stopped at the bank after work to make a deposit. The bank is surrounded by McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, KFC, Burger King, Taco Time, and Arby's. And probably others that I forgot. Not so good for me to be around those nasty places that are somehow still tempting in my hormonal and ravenous state. I started driving home after the bank, planning what I would make for dinner. Arby's got the best of me...for a moment. I wanted that beef so bad. I was literally in the drive thru line, pulled up to the sign to order, and right when the poor Arby's person was about to greet me, I drove off. I RAN FOR MY LIFE.
Whew. I made it home and cooked. Quinoa and veggies. And when I was still snacky after, I popped popcorn. Point is, although I let myself eat as much as I wanted of healthy at home food, the great part is I DID NOT EAT OUT. I'm proud, and I'm going to bed.

Xo

2 comments:

  1. The smoke got me.... I GOT BRONCHITIS! Haha love the reference. I love that your hatred for fast food is growing. Call me every time you are tempted! I will talk you out of it in two seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will call you!!! The blogs I read are helping too. I love you.

    ReplyDelete